We encourage you to write a blog to let us know what you’ve been up to, and outcomes from Nature Play activities during school time or if you’ve assigned it as homework. Please read the 55 Ideas to help get you started list before you get started. Please note that this contains a list of questions to help you, but please consider these as a guide only, you are more than welcome to choose your own topic or edit any in this document.
We have two ways to support parents to write blogs for Nature Play QLD.
1. Your personal story about Nature Play – We encourage you to write a blog to let us know what you’ve been up to, and outcomes from your family’s Nature Play QLD activities.
2. 55 Topics close to our heart – Write a blog on one of our suggested topics. These are just suggestions that can help get the creative thoughts flowing.
Blogs from our Partner organisations are always welcome at any time. We also encourage other organisations to write blogs on topics that are relevant to Nature Play QLD, and themes on unstructured outdoor play and its impacts on children and families in relation to your organisation. We encourage cross-promotion of your events, products or services at the end of your blog to reference you as as the contributor. Please note that we do not accept blogs that read as advertorial.
- Suitable length: 700-1000 words.
- Please submit your blog in a word document with photos attached as .JPG files to Nature Play QLD Social Media Coordinator at email@example.com
- We recommend providing at least one photo to support your blog post (please ensure you have suitable approval to use the photo, particularly those of children).
- If you’d like images inserted at specific places, please simply request with words at the desired place eg – [insert image124.jpg here]
- We encourage you to use links to strengthen your content, where practical. To do so in a way that will help us with formatting, please write the url next to your desired word. Eg, [Nature Play QLD www.natureplayqld.org.au] promotes outdoor play.
- Please also contact us if you have questions or concerns
- We reserve the right to decline a submission or remove a link. Reasons may include lack of relevance to nature play, inappropriate language, offensive racial, religious or political comments/linked content, personal attacks/slurs, and inappropriate/ blatant self or product promotion.
- Any image submitted must have appropriate permissions in place.
- We are not able to pay for contributions, articles or blog posts.