Current Workshop Dates
~None Available ~
If the scheduled date does not suit you or your team, fill out the waitlist form to be notified as soon as new dates become available.
Rebecca Burch Education Coordinator 0438 869 641 firstname.lastname@example.org
Implementing a nature program - Bush/Beach Kindy/Forest School Learning in Early Childhood & OSHC services (3 full days) - based on forest school model. Level 3
This 3-day training is suitable for educators caring for children aged 0-12 with all training content mapped to the Early Years Learning Framework and My Time Our Place. This training will provide educators with the theoretical and practical knowledge and ideas, to implement a nature play program – Bush and Beach Kindy/Forest School program venturing out of the service into the community. It includes resources to support the service implementation. This training includes content from the 1-day workshop – Learning in and with Nature – Nature Based Practice as well as in-depth information to develop Nature Programs including practical Educator Skill sets; Risky Play – trees and water, Fire as a Learning Experience, Ropes are a creative Learning Resource and Using Real Tools Safely
- Explore the principles and practice of Learning in Nature through Nature Pedagogy, the Forest School model: the history, ethos, approach, and the benefits for contemporary children.
- Explore techniques to implement these principles and practices in the context of your service play spaces and in the community in nature, beach, and bush settings.
- Explore a ‘typical’ Bush Kindy session, along with the necessary procedures and routines to put in place, including risk-benefit assessments.
- Explore curriculum possibilities across all play spaces indoors and outdoors.
- Explore the links to the Early Years Learning Framework and My Time Our Place.
- Explore curriculum possibilities including; Nature Pedagogy, Embedding Indigenous perspectives, sustainability, environmental education, and community connections.
- Explore how to support children’s individual needs within your program delivery and documenting learning experiences to meet curriculum requirements.
- Engage in a collaborative discussion into current barriers restricting learning at the Bush and scaffold strategies to support your setting with overcoming these.
- Explore the requirements of legislation, policies, and procedures and how to meet these.
- Take part in adaptable and practical Nature Learning activities that relate to Australian bush ecosystems.
- Engage in an action plan to take back to your service.
Receive a free comprehensive start-up pack of resources to take back to your setting.
24-26 May 2022 – TWEED HEADS – Book your spot
6-8 September 2022 – GOLD COAST – Book your spot
All presenters were respectful, patient and passionate. They all want us to succeed and are available beyond the workshop. So professional, well expertly presented, smooth including the transitions between indoor and outdoor sessions and meals. Meals were lovely I really enjoyed myself.
This workshop was a great mix of theory & hands-on staff. I learned a lot and am going to make things I already do – lots better. Everything was very clear and well explained and made me feel confident in running a Bush Kindy Program.
So much practical information from simple and basic two more complicated so there is a starting point for everyone with something to go back and try in our services. It has been a sensational 3 days worth of learning, engaging and really investigating something I’m very passionate about and wanting to go back to work equipped with knowledge, skills and enthusiasm to have a crack at some stuff and keep going
Excellent content and delivery mixed with hands on activities really helped to understand Nature Pedagogy!
Great mix between theory and practical. Many opportunities to reflect and ask questions. Excellent examples given through videos and photos. Fantastic course! Thank you so much.
Bec was an abundance of knowledge, kind and infections in her delivery of all content – no stone unturned. Totally the best course I have been too – all staff are kind, considerate and engaging. Passionate and full of knowledge ready to share and inspire. From food, information, enrolment and delivery you really couldn’t ask for more – so fortunate to have shared in the experience.