Where is it?
405 Tingal Road, Wynnum Qld 4178
Early Childhood Bush and Beach Kindy and Nature Programs
Visit the website for more informationView website
At Mother Duck Wynnum we welcome all children and families with respect and inclusivity into our centre. We strive to provide a friendly and home like environment, where families, educator and children feel comfortable, secure and part of our community. Our educators provide an environment where all children are safe to be themselves, acknowledging each child’s individuality, strengths and interests. At Mother Duck Wynnum we provide a space rich in experiences, where nature is respected and an integral part of each child’s day. we provide an on-site and off-site bush kindy program. we believe that children gain tremendous benefit from interacting with nature, as nature play provides consistent opportunities to develop many skills addressed in the Early Years Learning Framework and Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guidelines. These include responding positively to challenges, taking responsibility, managing risk and developing learning skills such as enquiry, experimentation, reflection, problem solving and cooperative learning. Our off-site bush kindy program is lead by qualified Forest school leaders and provides children with the opportunities to be out in the local community. This can help to bring many areas of development alive as they focus on real life situations and consequences.
Mother Duck will strive to communicate the aims and benefits of unstructured nature play to parents and the wider community, so that there is a greater understanding of its value and importance in children’s early years.
Our aims are:
- To develop outdoor learning and nature play as an entitlement for all children.
- To provide children with a wide range of high quality natural outdoor provision.
- To develop a program which provides inclusive, frequent, continuous and progressive outdoor learning and nature play for all children.
- To improve the effectiveness of outdoor learning through planning and evaluating outcomes.
- To provide all educators with the relevant training, support and encouragement to deliver the EYLF and QKLG in an outdoor setting.
- To actively seek out opportunities to build strong links with our local community, parents, businesses and organisations in order to widen the outdoor learning and nature play opportunities we can provide.