Where is it?
642 Old Cleveland Rd, Camp Hill QLD 4152, Australia
Visit the website for more informationView website
At Camp Hill Outside School Hours Care we foster learning through a stimulating loose parts environment that encourages freely chosen, intrinsically motivated and personally directed play mixed with observationally derived play-based activities. We aim to enrich the children’s lives by introducing to them life skills, knowledge and experiences that go beyond their school learning. We value nature, community, sustainable practices and above all, play, in both our tangible and intangible goals. We aim to impart a strong sense of self assessed boundaries, responsibility and foster appropriate emotional behaviours in the children we work with. Healthy living and all things pertaining to it, is fundamental to much of our programming and practices.
We achieve this philosophy by:
- Utilising a Playwork approach in all ways we work with children.
- Encouraging strong, genuine and collaborative relationships between all staff, families, children, school and the broader community. We believe that this is fundamental to our industry and recognise that engaging in authentic interactions are what makes a strong community.
- Promoting creative outdoor play in our natural environment. We believe that children having an intrinsic connection with nature benefits every aspect of their life and flows into a larger scale appreciation of the wider world and environment.
- Giving the children the opportunity to take risks, problem solve and take on responsibility in order for them to gain a sense of agency and learn natural consequences in a secure environment.
- Committing to ongoing research, professional development and Action Research to constantly test and critically reflect upon our own practice