Current Workshop Dates
Monday 20th June 2022, 9am – 4pm
Kewarra Beach, Cairns – Book your spot
inc GST per participantBook your spot
Rebecca Burch Education Coordinator 0438 869 641 firstname.lastname@example.org
This workshop will provide primary school educators with theoretical and practical knowledge and ideas, to embed regular outdoor learning opportunities at their school or in their learning spaces, whilst supporting ACARA and AITSL.
This workshop has been created for Primary School Teachers, Principals, and Deputy Principals. All workshop content and modules are mapped to the Australian National Curriculum (ACARA) and Australian Professional Standards for Teachers (AITSL).
This 1 Day Workshop is suitable for Primary School Teachers, Principals, Head of Curriculum, Teachers Aides and Homeschool Educators with all workshop content mapped to the Australian National Curriculum (ACARA) and Australian Professional Standards for Teachers (AITSL). This workshop will provide primary school educators with theoretical and practical knowledge and ideas, to embed regular outdoor learning opportunities at their school or in their learning spaces, whilst supporting ACARA and AITSL. The focus of the workshop is on planning, delivering, and reflecting on curriculum lessons taken outside of the classroom and includes extensive resources to support progression and whole-school implementation.
- Discuss the researched impact of regular outdoor learning on children’s physical, social and intellectual development, mental health and resilience.
- Explore through a series of case studies of videos, photos and stories of primary schools in Queensland and how outdoor learning can become a key component in whole school philosophy and practice.
- Explore how to embed and timetable regular outdoor learning experiences into your curriculum programming, supporting the National Curriculum.
- Take part in a groups with likeminded teachers working within your age phase, to participate in a diverse range of practical outdoor learning ‘lessons’
- Discuss and practically explore how to maintain student safety outside of the classroom through the development of risk-benefit assessment, policies and procedures and most importantly by empowering your students.
- Explore how nature pedagogy can be implemented across play and learning spaces including with loose parts and nature play.
- Discover a range of implementation techniques to engage and inspire parents, colleagues, your senior leader team, the local community and of course your students.
- Develop an ‘action plan’ to record your next steps to implementation at your school
Australian Professional Standards for Teachers (AITSL) Addressed
- Know students and how they learn – 1.1, 1.2
- Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning – 3.2, 3.3
- Create and maintain supportive and safe learning environments – 4.1, 4.3, 4.4
- Additional standards addressed – 5.1, 7.3
Monday 20th June 2022, 9am – 4pm / Kewarra Beach, Cairns Book your spot