Current Workshop Dates
Monday 16th November from 9-4 at Monkland State School – 220 Brisbane Rd, Monkland QLD 4570
inc GST per participantBook your spot
Rebecca Burch Education Coordinator 0438 869 641 firstname.lastname@example.org
This workshop will provide primary school educators with theoretical and practical knowledge and ideas, to embed regular outdoor learning opportunities at their school or in their learning spaces, whilst supporting ACARA and AITSL.
This workshop has been created for Primary School Teachers, Principals, and Deputy Principals. All workshop content and modules are mapped to the Australian National Curriculum (ACARA) and Australian Professional Standards for Teachers (AITSL).
This 1 Day Workshop is suitable for Primary School Teachers, Principals, Head of Curriculum, Teachers Aides and Homeschool Educators with all workshop content mapped to the Australian National Curriculum (ACARA) and Australian Professional Standards for Teachers (AITSL). This workshop will provide primary school educators with theoretical and practical knowledge and ideas, to embed regular outdoor learning opportunities at their school or in their learning spaces, whilst supporting ACARA and AITSL. The focus of the workshop is on planning, delivering, and reflecting on curriculum lessons taken outside of the classroom and includes extensive resources to support progression and whole-school implementation.
- Discuss the researched impact of regular outdoor learning on children’s physical, social and intellectual development, mental health and resilience.
- Explore how to embed and timetable regular outdoor learning experiences into your curriculum programming, supporting the Australian National Curriculum, with a focus on STEM and the Age Appropriate Pedagogy Framework.
- Take part in a group active planning session with likeminded teachers working within your age phase, mapping outdoor learning opportunities to the Australian National Curriculum Learning Area Content Descriptions.
- Participate in a diverse range of practical outdoor learning ‘lessons’.
- Explore strategies to record and evaluate students’ learning using a range of formative, peer and self-assessment methods, embedding a growth mindset approach to learning.
- Explore through a series of case studies how outdoor learning can become a key component in whole school philosophy and practice.
- Discuss and practically explore how to maintain student safety outside of the classroom through the development of risk-benefit assessment, policies and procedures and most importantly by empowering your students.
- Discuss suggested outdoor learning routines, expectations, rules and behaviour management strategies.
- Discover a range of implementation techniques to engage and inspire parents, colleagues, your senior leader team, the local community and of course your students.
- Develop a structured ‘action plan’ to record your next steps to implementation at your school.
Free resources provided
- Receive an ‘Outdoor Learning Handbook’ including relevant polices, documentation, planning resources, lesson plans, risk management procedures and much more!
- Receive a USB with an adaptable version of the Outdoor Learning Handbook, research, a PowerPoint presentation to inspire your parents and colleagues, and a series of short films for continuing professional development
Australian Professional Standards for Teachers (AITSL) Addressed
- Know students and how they learn – 1.1, 1.2
- Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning – 3.2, 3.3
- Create and maintain supportive and safe learning environments – 4.1, 4.3, 4.4
- Additional standards addressed – 5.1, 7.3