Nature Play QLD is inviting children all over Queensland to submit their own missions for a chance to be featured in the new Nature Play QLD Passport to an Amazing Childhood!
Over 500,000 kids across Queensland have a copy of our original QLD passport. We have decided that after 6 years, it’s time for a refresh! So we’re giving two lucky Queensland kids the opportunity to have their own created mission published in our new passport. They will even get their name, age, and suburb printed!
We’re looking for some fun challenges that children of all ages can complete. Simply provide us a set of written instructions on how to complete your mission, and you can choose to upload a photo or drawing that can support your mission. Maybe even a photo of you completing your own mission!
Some tips on creating your own mission
1. Missions are being completed by children aged between 0-12. Make sure they are fun for all ages.
2. All missions need to be completed outdoors.
3. Missions are more fun when there is some risk-taking / exploring / investigating / and adventure so be as creative as you can be.
4. All missions need to be able to be completed QLD wide ie. no town / suburb / city-specific missions.
5. Our passports are often used in classrooms, consider missions that may be able to be done by more than one person or as a group.
Here is an example of a mission:
Find things in nature that are thick, thin, wavy, smooth, fuzzy, wiry, furry, scratchy, jagged, rough, knobbly, soft, hard, sharp, splintery, bumpy, or even slimy.
Mission: Lay them out on the ground and describe them to family or friends – try and be as descriptive as possible.
Add photography: Take a photo of the texture, print them out at home and turn them into a poster.
Add drawing: Try to copy how the texture looks and draw it in the dirt or on a piece of paper.
Complete the submission with the help of a grown up. Competition closes on the 14th of Dec 2020 11.59pm. You can enter as many times as you like. Winners will be contacted via email.
Only two amazing missions will be selected to be included in the Passport, but all missions submitted will be used by Nature Play QLD to create other fun lists of Things to Do in Nature.