The Nature Play QLD Education Provider portal is a hub for parents and carers to identify schools and service leaders in nature play education and outdoor learning.
All educational services have been assessed and endorsed by Nature Play QLD to ensure that regular, authentic and engaging outdoor learning and nature play opportunities are valued and embedded into their practice.
There is extensive research to demonstrate that engaging in regular nature play and learning outside of the classroom significantly improves children’s academic, physical, social and emotional development.
Some of the many recorded benefits include:
- Enhanced personal and social communication skills
- Increased physical health, supporting the development of healthy, active lifestyles
- Improved academic achievement
- Providing a bridge to higher order learning
- Developed skills and independence in a widening range of environments
- Make learning more engaging and relevant to young people
- Develop active citizens and stewards of the environment
- Nurture creativity
- Provide opportunities for informal learning through play
- Reduce behavioural problems and improve attendance
- Stimulate, inspire and improve motivation
- Develop resilience and the ability to deal with uncertainty
- Provide challenge and the opportunity to take acceptable levels of risk
- Enhanced spiritual, sensory, and aesthetic awareness